The MMC studios in Cologne, Germany, are the home of popular TV shows such as the German version of “Idol”, “Dancing with the stars”, “got Talent”, “Shark Tank”, “Big Brother” and many more. Each year are 200 TV shows and hundreds of series episodes produced and also more than 100 feature films with German and international actors have been produced at the MMC studios. Helena Bonham Carter, Cuba Gooding jr., Michael Fassbender, Tom Hiddleston, Ben Kingsley, Keira Knightley, Helen Mirren, Roger Moore, Viggo Mortensen, Michelle Pfeiffer and Hilary Swank have already been shooting here.
Learn what it takes to shoot a movie or TV series, how movie sets are built and equipped, how big a TV crew needs to be , how green-screen shots are taken or what the feeling s like to be in front of the camera yourself.
Depending on availability, you will visit
- TV studios & soundstages (among them the tallest soundstage in the world and Europe’s largest daylight studio)
- control rooms / production galleries
- a green-screen studio (here you can become active yourself!)
- Various set structures and outside backdrops
- MMC’s set construction workshops
- a make-up and hair facility
- a casting facility
- you will get a short video-based introduction to the use of Visual Effects (VFX) in TV series and feature films
- at the end of the studio tour you are welcomed to take your personal souvenir photo in front of MMC Studios’ press wall
Please note that the MMC studios in Cologne, Germany, are not an theme park or an museum, but an active TV and Film production facility where at all times entertainment shows, TV shows and movies are made. Therefore please understand that it is , because of active productions, not possible to visit all the studios, soundstages and other production facilities. Also we can not visit studios or soundstages when the sets are currently in use for rehearsing or filming. Changes in the program may occur, due to ongoing productions and operations.
During the winter times are the studios and soundstages not heated and the tour also takes place in the outdoor area. Please ensure your have appropriate clothing.
The studio tours are suited for wheelchairs.
Duration & Price *
- duration: 90 minutes
- PRICE *: 15,00 € adults – € 10.00 Reduced
- The price “adult” applies to participants 16 years and older. Children up to 6 years are free of charge!
- The price “Reduced” applies to: Pupils, Students, holders of the Köln-Card, disabled persons from 70%. Reduced participants are required to present a valid ID before the tour!
- * All prices are retail prices according to §25 UStG (Value Added Tax Act). For companies we calculate the VAT additionally.